Saturday, March 4, 2017

Journal 24 - Quest for Self

The phrase search for self is a very popular concept and is a potential topic for several themes. This book, Siddhartha, also talks about it. I have read many books about the topic the quest to self but the most memorable one would be a Single Shard. It is about a boy who goes on a journey to deliver a pot that his master made. It is not necessarily a quest for self but it is a journey that he goes through for his master. He discovers things about himself along the way. He was later attacked by bandits and his life shattered the moment the pot broke. The other hero I have in mind is in the Disney movie of Hercules. Hercules was to find how to be a hero from his strengths. He later learned that a hero is measured by the strength of his heart but not his physical strengths. I did not have a quest for self yet. May be living my life alone at the monastery would be a quest for my inner self but I did not actually went out to search for myself. I went in to search for myself. This was a nice yet tiring experience. A quest can help find one's self by combining outside experiences with emotional experiences, creating an image of what that person is. This is important for everyone because if you don't know who you are, there is no point in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment