Thursday, May 11, 2017

Journal 34 - Romance

Nothing much comes into my mind when I hear the word romance. Nothing stereotypical comes in like the love birds or flowers or hearts. Romantic could even mean from Italy or Rome. It does not give me much sight to see. All I would see at the most is Romeo and Juliet. When I see this, this is accompanied by the seven deadly sins. I like talking about the seven deadly sins because a problem can lead to one of them and so on. Romance, I would define it as something nice and cute going on between people. But the other definition which I would choose over this definition would be the extraordinary and the mysterious. This is because this is so much more interesting than the "Romance" that people like. This is because in the end, all of us will die and we will leave each other. Lust, which is usually associated with Romance, is accompanied by Greed, backed by Wrath and can involve Pride. All these are not good, at least I don't think they are good to a certain extent. The more you think of it the more disgusting it becomes. Romantic emotions would be cute, lovely or even lusty. Romantic actions would be kissing, giving presents or so. the most "Romantic" thing I have heard of would be holding hands or cuddling. I think this because it could be the most innocent form of attraction. However, I would want to talk about the unknown and extraordinary part of romance. In a way, the Bermuda Triangle is romantic. It really is. It is just so mysterious and the things that happen there are so mysterious. Therefore, being romantic is not always nice. It might lose you a life just like in Romeo and Juliet.

No comments:

Post a Comment